Benefits of the EHEIM reeflexUV
- Quickly and efficiently reduces both harmful bacteria and fish parasites in their infectious stages in the water
reeflexUV 350 = Maximum flow capacity: 200 l/h
reeflexUV 500 = Maximum flow capacity: 400 l/h
reeflexUV 800 = Maximum flow capacity: 600 l/h
reeflexUV 1500 = Maximum flow capacity: 1000 l/h
reeflexUV 2000 = Maximum flow capacity: 1500 l/h
- Eliminates torbidity caused by algae or bacteria
reeflexUV 350 = Maximum flow capacity: 400 l/h
reeflexUV 500 = Maximum flow capacity: 800 l/h
reeflexUV 800 = Maximum flow capacity: 1200 l/h
reeflexUV 1500 = Maximum flow capacity: 2000 l/h
reeflexUV 2000 = Maximum flow capacity: 3000 l/h
- Internally fitted high gloss aluminium reflects the UV-C light and ensures more efficient sterilisation
- Excellent results with low energy consumption (1.8 times more effective than conventional UV-sterilisers)
- No performance loss as, using a special design, the water is not redirected
- Also ideal for breeding tanks as it reduces the risk of infection
- Cleasing bacteria are safely retained in the filter as only floating organisms are captured.
- AUTO-OFF: automatic safety cut-off when changing lamp
- Easy to attach using the included fixing bracked
- Variable installation, no defined installation position or flow direction
Special technology for clean water and healthy fish
In a UV-steriliser, the aquarium water is directed as a thin film past a UV-C lamp (burner). The UV-C radiation penetrates the water and kills off microorganisms, algae spores and other small organisms.
Using conventional technology the water is only irradiated on one side. EHEIM on the other hand has built in a reflector, via which the reflected radiation penetrates the water from more sides. Thus reeflexUV achieves a significantly higher performance level.
Furthermore, the EHEIM reeflexUV doesn’t have a complicated water flow system. The water is not redirected and flows around the burner without detours. So there is no loss of performance.
The AUTO OFF ensures an optimum level of safety. Since UV-C radiation can cause damage to skin and eyes, reeflexUV switches off immediately when the device is opened.
What you should also know:
Compared to normal waters the bacterial count in an aquarium is relatively high due to the small amount of water. It is worth reducing this and bringing it back to a normal level. However, the aquarium water should never be completely bacteria free.
Only floating bacteria in the water are captured by the UV-steriliser. Colonised cleaning bacteria in the filter (compare biological filtration) and bacteria in the gravel substrate are spared.
Torbidity in the water, caused by bacteria or floating algae, is removed very efficiently by the UV-sterilisation. Basically-algae growth is curbed, because the spores are killed off.
UV-sterilisers generally ensure healthier fish, because the risk of infection is reduced. A UV-steriliser is especially recommended for breeding tanks, because dangerous pathogens colonise on eggs or infect young livestock, which don’t yet possess enough power of resistance.
UV-sterilisation in general doesn’t cause any kind of changes to the water values.
The light source contained in this product is intended exclusively for the disinfection of aquarium water.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.