Filter Socks 4 X 14 Inches 100 Microns
Filter socks give the best qualities of trapping free-floating debris to give your tanks water that crystal clear appearance. Filter socks with plastic rings make replacement quick and easy, and most sumps will readily accept the felt filter sock. In most cases, we will always put felt filter socks in our sumps.
Filter Socks are used on overflows to remove small floating particles from aquarium water. This can dramatically improve water quality and reduce maintenance on filters that would otherwise become clogged.
Filter Sock is better at removing particles than mesh but can clog faster. The plastic ring fits common sump holders.
Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or drawstring.
- Mesh: Thin, doesn't clog as easily as felt.
- Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster.
- Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders.
- Draw String: attaches directly to plumbing.
- recommends starting with felt socks and switching to mesh if they clog faster than desired.
Filter sock benefits:
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates.
- A convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs, and snails from damaging pump motors.
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste.
- Increases filter life.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.